View Single Post
Old Posted Apr 18, 2022, 6:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrnyc View Post
no it wont. as i said, but your cherry picking ignores, the vast majority of residents who would live there already live here.

and so who cares if he holds out or how he does it? i would too. covid or no, hes playing by the rules. this happens quite often, if not as extreme, because more often developers handle it earlier and better.

i refuse to take the developer side with this kind of issue, moreso because much more often its the owners and redevelopers harrassing and chasing the residents out via illegal tactics. publicity will probably save this guy from that.
So instead you take the side of unemployed-by-choice people in non-rent controlled apartments angling for 8 figure buyouts and their lawyers like David Rozenholc, who specializes in tenant holdout cases and who collect one-third of the settlements? A third of 8 figures is guaranteed to be north of $3 million. Plus all those delay tactics to buy more residential time for his client? What a racket.

Ozsu can only do this because of the pandemic renter-relief program, which was not intended for instances such as what we have here.

Maybe developers more often than not screw over the little guy as you claim. But that doesn't appear to be what's happening in this case.