View Single Post
Old Posted Nov 19, 2008, 8:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYCLuver View Post
I live in Astoria and take the N & W lines when taking the subway and I can tell you during rush hour the trains are ridiculously packed. Sometimes when coming home from college in Manhattan I have to wait at the Lexington Ave and 59th street station and let 3-4 trains pass me by before I can even get inside without being a complete sardine.(I don't do well squished in small spaces with tons of people for a long period of time. ) So if they eliminate the W line, it will be like there will only be half the service into Astoria and I can just imagine how crowded and horrible its going to be. It makes no sense to get rid of the W line as the article said, Astoria is one of the fastest growing neighborhoods in terms of population. It'll be a nightmare if it is cut.
I think its political hogwash. Can't see them cutting subway lines when ridership is near or at an all-time high. This is just saber-rattling to squeeze out and justify more money from the city/state government and ultimately the citizens.