View Single Post
Old Posted Jul 18, 2014, 11:32 PM
Vote for me for Mayor!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ardecila View Post
The tower is okay I guess. Kinda reminds me of 333 North Michigan crossed with Stern's 15 Central Park West. The rendering is too fuzzy to make out any real details other than the most general massing. Obviously Stern is aided here by the pre-existing underground garage so he doesn't have to grapple with designing a podium, and he can do something with really elegant proportions.

I'm more upset that Related is redesigning the park. What exactly is wrong with the current park? It's a breath of fresh air in a city that's full of crappy, boring little traditional parks.
I doubt if they are re-doing the park its actually a very nice park....unless they are using a large portion of the park as a staging area.

I really think you guys are exaggerating, this will not be like AMLI this is a condo building it will be more inline with Park Tower or Lincoln Park 2520 both are fine additions. Postmodern is certainly not my favorite but there are good examples and there are bad. This tower gets a 7 out of 10 in my opinion. I find it hilarious for people to bash this tower and praise the LSE project which is an actual turd and would be more impactful in the skyline. This tower will not even impact the skyline significantly.