View Single Post
Old Posted Sep 23, 2019, 8:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pj3000 View Post
I get what you're saying, but we're not seeing insect migration, in the case of emerging viruses in certain areas, to be very slow right now. The Mediterranean as an example. And outbreaks are not a slow process at all unfortunately. I'm not an alarmist by any means, however the strong potential for infectious disease aspect of a warming planet is something that is often not considered.
I am not disputing there will be no consequences to climate change. People will have to adjust. Heck, perhaps we will be relocating people from the Florida panhandle over the next 30-50 years as that area will slowly get flooded. We also will have to build additional anti-flood infrastructure in certain cities (NYC and Boston for example), which is completely technologically doable, even under the worst projections. But the whole doomsday hysteria that we have 12 years left (or is it 10 years now?) literally reminds me of those end of the world cults. Its just bullsh*t panic and alarmism.
I personally think plastic is a much bigger problem, and will be the next environmental frontier after we transition to renewable energy sources over the next 10-20 years.
Quote:
Originally Posted by iheartthed View Post
This virus is so rare that almost no resources are put into research.