View Single Post
Old Posted Jan 11, 2010, 7:00 AM
heavy user of walkability

and... gone

no more warehouse! from Third St:

looking north from the corner of Third and Mariposa:

looking north from Mariposa and approximately what will be the intersection with Fourth St:

and from across the train tracks, looking back east:

not much else to report, just that there is more extensive digging going on in the Commons, a deep trench that seems to angle off toward the new CVRB.

thanks for the images of the medical center, BT! I like that it looks like Fourth will not be a continuous through-street between 16th and Mariposa. besides being better for patients who need to get from the parking lot to the center, it will probably reduce traffic on the rest of Fourth a little.

I saw in the latest issue of the Potrero View a rendering of the hospital that showed a large entry portion on Third, and the caption said something about neighborhood input having gotten that added to the plans. I'm not sure if that was a recent thing, I'll have to look at the renderings we have from months ago. all I remember along Third from before was a long section of the energy center where I imagine the machines vented.

I think the telephone poles will be coming down on the south side of 16th soon. the same email that talked about the demolition of the warehouse mentioned they were going to start to work on that area next. will be nice to unclutter the sky there.