View Single Post
Old Posted Sep 29, 2022, 3:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chris08876 View Post
I guess for PA the location is okay. Although where I lived most of my life, NJ, the location of New Jerseys capital is garbage and the city to begin with is garbage, Trenton that is.

Would much rather the location be Newark NJ. Would be more suited for a respectable state capital. Trenton is just embarrassing. If one goes to Trenton and that is their first impression of NJ, not a good situation.

Newark has the melting pot feeling, history and would be more suited for a capital than Trenton.
Right, Harrisburg's as the location is okay. A bit arbitrary because there was some donated land back in the day and one could argue too close to the influence of Philadelphia to be equitable for the entire state... but hey, that's where the people were at the time.

I guess I'm just more of the mind that there should be more intention in locating the central administrative hub of the state. To me, State College with the state's major university and located in the dead center of the PA would be prefect.

I think Princeton would be a good location for the capital city of New Jersey. Having the capital at Newark is basically just not really having a state capital, no? I mean, you're basically admitting that the state really doesn't matter... just do whatever NYC wants... that's for sure what would happen.