View Single Post
Old Posted Oct 26, 2022, 6:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by McBane View Post
I have mixed feelings on the impeachment. On one hand, I think it's a dangerous precedent for state lawmakers (mostly rural with a strong disdain for the City) to interfere in local matters. As if they even care about what happens in Philadelphia? Especially considering that Kranser was just re-elected <12 months ago, winning by a substantial margin.

On the other hand, Krasner is awful. I personally think his election says more about Philly's voters than it does about his policies. For far too long, Philly voters have re-affirmed incumbents regardless of their performance or entanglement in corruption. Hell, the FBI's investigation into John Street actually helped his campaign. Bobby Henon and Kenyatta Johnson are other recent examples.

This city will only go as far as our elected leaders take it but unfortunately, the city's voters keep electing idiots.
He has gone around touting his landslide victories as if he beat out tough competition in high turnout elections- he has not. He had a primary challenger last year who he beat and then basically no competition in the general and participation was low. So he probably got the votes of 20% of Philadelphia's adults and he is going around talking about how he has a mandate and if anyone disagreed with him he wouldn't have racked up landslide margins. On Fox29 he actually said the city agrees with his positions and his job performance because he was elected by huge margins- if there were any issues he wouldn't have been re-elected so he is not changing course on ANYTHING.