View Single Post
Old Posted Oct 26, 2022, 3:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by McBane View Post
I have mixed feelings on the impeachment. On one hand, I think it's a dangerous precedent for state lawmakers (mostly rural with a strong disdain for the City) to interfere in local matters. As if they even care about what happens in Philadelphia? Especially considering that Kranser was just re-elected <12 months ago, winning by a substantial margin.

On the other hand, Krasner is awful. I personally think his election says more about Philly's voters than it does about his policies. For far too long, Philly voters have re-affirmed incumbents regardless of their performance or entanglement in corruption. Hell, the FBI's investigation into John Street actually helped his campaign. Bobby Henon and Kenyatta Johnson are other recent examples.

This city will only go as far as our elected leaders take it but unfortunately, the city's voters keep electing idiots.
I'm not sure of the exact number (there are multiple estimates out there) but Krasner was re-elected during the initial surge of violence by a landslide with 20% of Philadelphians voting. 20%.
You can NOT b!tch about Krasner and his policies if you didn't vote. And don't stand on the corner of your block lamenting the surge in violence and ow it finally touched you and your family if you re-elected him. Don't complain about retail like WAWA and CVS closing down services in the city. Krasner has effectively legalized ransacking an establishment up to $500.

Gun arrests are up 60% with gun convictions down by 40%. That statistic is STUNNING. You can say all you want about Krasner's personality, but that statistic alone should be what we consider when rating his performance.

I've never understood the "less people in jail" argument. That stat should be reflective of how many people are committing crime. And right now, the number of people committing crime is exploding. Less people committing crime will result in less people in jail. That should be the only variable that effects that number. The violent teen gangs know that there are no consequences. Until there are, they will continue to have their way with us.

Drug convictions? It's where there can be some leeway - to a degree. If it happens that a drug conviction shows the accused of serious involvement in a criminal enterprise, you're done. Violent criminals OF ANY AGE...you're done. Releasing children to parents should be based on an evaluation of the parents. Too many violent criminals go through that backdoor.

This mess starts with the people who elected this guy.

Last edited by Redddog; Oct 26, 2022 at 3:44 PM.