View Single Post
Old Posted Sep 3, 2021, 4:53 PM
NYC/NJ/Miami-Dade

That is an amazing piece of architecture. I know cost is of concern nowadays to replicate something like that but in the olden days, architecture was just on a different level.

Its somewhat what happens when you remove or reduce the "manual labor" aspect of things and introduce fabrication and automation with portions of towers. One thing is for sure, like somebody knitting a sweater versus a machine doing it, you can never really replicate the painstaking detail on a manual level that was conducted in the olden days versus some of the stuff rising now.

And fun part is that some of those olden towers rose quickly and have unparalleled detail to them.

I mean they could replicate it but in today's age, would take to long and money is always of a concern.

I just hope the city continues to upkeep some of those gems. That's the nice thing with Chicago that not many cities in the world can say they have, a time line of the decades displayed in the skyline. Like an architectural time machine with respect to skyscrapers.