View Single Post
Old Posted Jun 22, 2020, 2:47 AM
Skyriser

Quote:
Originally Posted by ASU Diablo View Post
Quick updates I was able to capture from joining the meeting earlier this AM
  • Steinegger Lodging - Discussion got a little heated but it's not looking good for preservationists. There is "nothing they can do" for the building and apparently sits on a sink hole, further making it less and less likely in can be successfully rehabbed. Still a shame CSM let it sit like for almost 6 years since it took over the property in 2014. Also, the attorney Nick Wood (very douchey and condescending asshole at times) did mention supposedly CSM already has renderings in place for the space and they plan to build something. Which is strange since not too long ago they were actively trying to sell it LOL They asked if CSM was willing to hold off demolition until the proposed project moved further along and permits were approved. It was a resounding NO again, so probably just a ploy by the lawyer and his client to get away with it sitting vacant for a while or as a parking lot. We'll see what happens after Monday's HP meeting.
I met Nick Wood a few times and I do like the guy but he used that can’t be salvaged excuse when they were demolishing that super old building on the Luhr’s Block. I will take what land use attorneys say with a grain of salt. They should just at least disassemble the damn thing and put it in storage.