View Single Post
Old Posted Dec 21, 2021, 11:23 AM

Speaking the devil I was looking for pics of progress on the renovation of The Park Ave Building. Came across this gem from the summer really showing off the current boom in high rise construction as to the devil of whom I speak …

For some context imo this photo is presented by Olympia showcasing a nice angle shot that alludes to the nascent District Detroit now humming along. With Mike gone the company spent much time and decades of goodwill to refill their coffers after Mike’s grand send off to the city. The TCF - Huntington hq along with the Hudsons Tower do frame DD well though unrelated as is the sexy looking Book Tower.

But real recognize real and the relocation of the University of Michigan innovation hub along an accompanying student housing high rise is the first real progress on for filling their promise of transformative development coming to lower cass & nw downtown. Off the beaten path Cass Park seems primed at a stroke to be uplifted to the position of one of Detroit’s most dynamic and interesting neighborhoods. It’s got the assets in place Cass Tech, The Kahn designed Cass Office Building & Masonic Temple whose its directly adjacent abandoned neighbor former American Hotel has stalled plans for a residential conversation.

I was worried and disappointed when Stephen Ross pulled out of partnership with Bedrock and showed indications of partnering with the Ilitch’s but it’s a good location to have a outsized impact on one of Greater Downtown’s last neglected neighborhood. The former Lower Cass Corridor is going to be some damn fine reading for future city historians going from a transplanted Chinatown a and skid row of the Detroit Rock City day’s. Flash forward a few years and we have a southern terminus of a greater high tech / R&D & educational focused slice of the central core of one of the most STEM heavy regions in the country.

Ilitch Companies News Hub - https://ilitchnewshub.com/2021/12/ol...oit-continues/

Last edited by Thirteen Mile; Dec 21, 2021 at 11:42 AM.