View Single Post
Old Posted Jun 24, 2021, 10:36 PM
Future God

For Nashville, Bossabreezes rightly points out that the city is building absolutely massive amounts of urban low to mid rise (two to ten stories) infill throughout the city which makes up the bulk of overall construction.

He is also correct that in terms of total numbers it's highrise construction obviously doesn't hold a candle to the top cities such as New York and Toronto. So as such, perhaps Nashville doesn't belong in this discussion.

However, I don't think the level of highrise construction in Nashville is being fully realized and appreciated by those that don't live there or visit there on a regular basis, which is, of course, completely understandable. In my opinion, both on a per capita basis considering it's metro area doesn't even officially have two million people yet, and also in terms of how much it has added to the skyline relative to the skyline's size, I think Nashville certainly belongs in the conversation.

I'm not entirely sure what metric is being used to determine what is a highrise, but I see the emporis (which is not an exhaustive list) twelve story and over standard being used by many, so we'll go with that.

Using the aforementioned standards, these are the approximate numbers for Nashville, although I'm quite sure they're somewhat off as I'm using data that is several months old (which is why I don't blame emporis for having outdated or incomplete data)... this also doesn't include several large scale multiple tower developments that are just in the conceptual phase at the moment:

COMPLETED OVER LAST FIVE YEARS: 42

UNDER VARIOUS STAGES OF CONSTRUCTION: 40

PROPOSED/APPROVED: 63

-Bob Marley

Last edited by BnaBreaker; Jun 24, 2021 at 10:57 PM.