View Single Post
Old Posted Jul 9, 2018, 1:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gebs View Post
South Loop developer aims to fill 4 million square feet of offices

Danny Ecker, Crain's Chicago Business

"Unveiling new details of the vision for "The 78"—named to define itself as next on the city's official list of 77 neighborhoods—Bailey laid out a tentative plan for 1.2 million square feet of offices in the center of the property in so-called "sidescraper" buildings that are relatively short with massive floor plates "that allow for collaboration between floors," he said. Depending on the needs of tenants it is able to land, that development could take various shapes ranging from several 200,000-square-foot office properties to a single structure filled with one or several companies."

That first rendering looks new to me:

That looks awfully similar to SOM renders I saw for One Bangkok, a massive 16 million sqft TOD project in Bangkok. So most likely one project got used renders (timing wise I'd assume The 78).

But that also tells me this more the Urban Design / Master Planners still doing this. Which would probably mean other than the big "statement" landscapes, nothing will look like the renders once buildings start getting designed by investment/development partners and their anchor tenants.