View Single Post
Old Posted Feb 6, 2018, 5:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by iheartphilly View Post
^
Philly is not going to run out any land to be developed any time soon. So, for Camden to be developed, it will more than likely for the State to continue to incentivize its development now and into the future. There might be some collateral development projects like residential builds w/o tax breaks incentives or whatnot, but Camden's development is artificial and not organic.

Probably can be said of the same for parts of Philly like Schuylkill Yards or its surrounding. But, Philly is well established on my fronts and the momentum should continue all around its core and other better known neighborhoods.

I agree with you about the available land, but one thing in all of the trends we've seen lately is that much of the new development is following rapid transit lines. PATCO runs 24 hours and has two stops in downtown Camden. It's also served by the RiverLine light rail. I think all areas around those stops are prime candidates for the rebirth of Camden, and may be more desirable than a ton of the empty land in N Philly for example.

I've been working in Camden for 10 years and the amount of development happening in the last year eclipses everything I saw in total in the 9 prior years. And that's not just new buildings and rehabs, it's also the amount of local businesses being opened. Things in Camden are heating up and I think in another decade it will have changed pretty significantly.