View Single Post
Old Posted Aug 18, 2016, 4:00 PM
self-important urbanista

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jjs5056 View Post
I think there are some significant differences between Proxxy and this Alta project. The former includes live/work units along 2 streets and fits the scale of the neighborhood. Alta Central, as with every Wood Partners project, is far removed from being TOD: short and cheap construction, singe-use, superblock pattern... until dense, mixed use projects with limited underground parking are built, Midtown will remain an auto-oriented cluster of spread out destinations.
I meant visually similar in terms of color scheme and design. Regardless, I agree that many current projects, including this one, have too much parking. You'll not be surprised to learn that I'm pleased Alta Central is 100% residential. That means more customers to support existing Midtown businesses, especially nights and weekends when the area is less active, and fewer empty storefronts to create a negative impression of the area. Midtown is already mixed use in terms of commercial and residential in close proximity. Forcing every single building to be mixed use is a recipe for blight.