View Single Post
Old Posted Sep 15, 2022, 5:52 AM

*EDIT* ^^^ Actually, they are right, they aren't lying. I just google mapd the location (The intersection of Los Angeles and Olympic) just to see if the street view has been updated recently and it has. The section that Nimby is talking about, in between the two buildings, has remained untouched. Still has the same old facade. The last phase of recladding the second building also seems to have been canceled.

The Los Angeles Street ground floor side has definitely been "Touched" but I'm not sure the extra hassle of dropping the bottom floor down to meet the sidewalk would have made any sense from a cost standpoint. Making fortresses habitable costs a lot of money lol and going the extra mile in an area that currently boarders no man's land probably didn't seem feasible after all.

https://la.urbanize.city/post/adidas...-market-center

But Brookfield said they are complete .... so ..... let's assume they changed their mind.

Here's hoping that the Fashion District can FINALLY get the TLC it needs/deserves. I can smell the proposals already on the drawing board for housing and etc. But. Be ready for the massive gentrification that is about to utterly GUT/dismantle/destroy Santee Alley.

Last edited by caligrad; Sep 15, 2022 at 6:12 AM.