View Single Post
Old Posted Aug 24, 2022, 4:20 PM

water & fountains appear to be the last thing that LA city hall & devlprs want to have going on in dt right now. The arthur will fountain in the Grand pk mall apparently is offline indefinitely. City officials at first implied it was being fixed instead of saying the drought made them self conscious about having water in ponds, moats, fountains.

https://youtu.be/CkvFZ0eFg0Y?t=754

city officials probably don't want to nag the public for not conserving water when city landmarks like the Grand pk fountain & nearby dwp bldg have moats & fountains still operating with water. I get that, but I bet the amt of water that's being saved is more symbolic than significant....dry fountains are to the drought what lockdowns & social distancing were to the pandemic.

As for when I see all the peace & quiet in dtla, that's another reason why ppl stuck on crowded fwys....living their life behind the wheel....all around it are a major irony of life in LA. Although the pandemic has reduced some of that traffic, & lowered usage of the MTA, the fwys going to & leaving dtla are often more hectic than the sidewalks of dt itself are.

I always wonder how many ppl on those crowded fwys are forced to be on them because they can't afford to live closer by, they don't want to live closer by or they require a house with 3.2 bedrooms & X amt of yard space? The only commuters in LA who I feel really sorry for are the ones who can't afford to live closer by.