View Single Post
Old Posted Jul 9, 2022, 5:22 PM

T5 Lounges

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonesrmj View Post
Once the Terminal 5 expansion completes in a few months, there will be a second A380 capable gate so it would definitely be possible for another airline to bring the A380 to ORD when that happens.

The thing to remember is that Oneworld and Star Alliance airlines will relocate to the Global Terminal when that completes later this decade, so those airlines would likely wait to open new lounges in the Global Terminal when it's completed.

As far as Skyteam and non-affiliated carriers go, haven't herd of any plans for new lounges aside from the new Delta Skyclub, so we'll just have to wait and see.

I could definitely see Emirates build a lounge at ORD. They have lounges at most of the US airports they serve including JFK, BOS, SFO, and LAX. Perhaps they will build one by the second A380 gate when the T5 expansion completes.
With the opening of the expanded T5 approaching, I am surprised there is no news on any new lounges or renovations. I know the need for more lounge space in T5 was one of the reasons for the expansion along with gates, new bagging handling, etc. The only thing I have read was a new Delta Club opening in T5 when they move there. Any information is appreciated. Thanks