View Single Post
Old Posted Nov 2, 2018, 1:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by the urban politician View Post
As long as I've been observing things, there has only been 1 local multitower mega-master planned community with 1 owner that has come to fruition (or at least is moving along as planned):

Lakeshore East.

I think of them has having beat the odds, frankly. I don't think it makes sense as a business plan, nor is it good for city-building. Flexibility through changing market conditions makes far sense.

To this day, I favor multiple lots with different ownership as the preferred means to get land developed, with the sole exception being if you're trying to land a huge campus like HQ2. The Master Developer concept is otherwise fraught with issues....
Do K-Station and Central Station not count? Also we already have another one well underway in Riverline. I get what you are saying, and I'm 100% with you that not all of these plans will get built, and none of them will be built as originally designed, since nothing is made that way, but don't you think there is a chance that at least a couple get built?

Especially with a company as big as Related at the helm of one. The 78 is peanuts to them! Sterling Bay's LY project is by far the biggest pipe dream IMO