View Single Post
Old Posted Mar 14, 2021, 1:59 PM

Recently, we've lost Olivier Dassault who died in a stupid helicopter crash.
It's a bit of an ironical and sorry way to die for the billionaire grandson of a brilliant engineer, Marcel Dassault, born Marcel Bloch, a French Jew who had to convert to Roman Catholicism and change his Jewish name into Dassault, so he would get more appreciation by the French establishment of his time.
Marcel started a famous company exclusively specialized in aeronautics.
I'm not much in billionaire dynasties, but I'll admit I'm a bit sorry about the loss, because Olivier was the last significant member of the Dassault family that's highly respected here in France, by anybody, no matter what political opinion.

You know, Dassault Aviation is the corporation that builds those beautiful business birds.

https://fr.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dassault_Falcon_8X

Their software branch Dassault Systèmes specialized in aerospace engineering is also renowned internationally.

The Dassaults are not your typical billionaire family acting as "exclusive" jerks, to show off their yachts or wealth.
They're known as simple guys close to the people, involved in French Conservative politics because they think the French left-wing is too anti-business, but always faithful to our country anyway.
They're not the kind of guys to scorn you. That's also why people have respect for them here.

I mean, Marcel and his son Serge were not just billionaires. They were true passionate engineers and gentle guys.
That makes a whole difference from your random sectarian billionaire.