View Single Post
Old Posted Dec 5, 2022, 9:04 PM
Show me the blueprints

Surprised no one has posted an image of the new 8000 series that will be built by Hitachi:

____

They're very good looking and an improvement on the previous renderings that have been in the media for the last several years that looked just like a 7000 series but with square headlights. I do wish the rest of the exterior would have been made more sleek with plug doors and flush windows with maybe a dark window/belt line like the original fleet but overall they look great. Metro's decision to forgo open gangway hurts but the industrial design of the train face makes up for it and does the iconic system justice like the original fleet did. I wish all the 7000's could just be buried and forgotten and replaced by these but I know that's not financially reasonable or realistic obviously. I'm curious if the Hitachi badge is just for rendering purposes or will actually be on the front like that... I'd hope for the former just for dignity/pride sake with it being the nation's capital and all. I dont believe builder names were on the exterior of any other series car.

There is no goodness in him, and his power to convince people otherwise is beyond understanding