View Single Post
Old Posted Nov 28, 2022, 4:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qubert View Post
My personal proposal would be making the Silver line run express under I-66 after East Falls Church then under K st with stops at Foggy Botton, Farragut, McPherson Sq, Mt Vernon Sq, then turn south under Captial St NW, then turn down Massachusetts to stop at Union Station (thus relieving the Red Line), continue south down 2nd St NE/SE and then turn down L st SW with stops at Navy Yard and Waterfront, then take over the Yellow Line bridge and replace the Yellow south of L'Enfant to Huntington.
I like this concept. I had the idea myself, years ago, to express the silver line from East Falls into the district. The only flaw I see in your description is that if the Yellow Line is to be deleted from the map, the Silver Line can't interline at all with the Green Line tracks through L'Enfant Plaza. There would have to be a separate platform built in its own station box somewhere adjacent or below the existing station box.

Having the Silver take over the Yellow would enable the Green line to be forked toward either terminus, if there are any viable expansions, enabling the yellow color to return.

Last edited by jmecklenborg; Nov 29, 2022 at 2:07 PM.