View Single Post
Old Posted Nov 5, 2012, 4:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ethereal_reality View Post

*note: The original Bank/Pharmacy building still exists on Figueroa in Highland Park.

...and please tell me this isn't it.

__
Great post on Highland park E_R. Im sorry to say that this is the the building that sit where the original bank was. And I remember as a kid the sign at the corner of Fig and Roselawn used to be for another paharmacy but i cant remember the name.

I also love the Highland Theater sign, a while back the sign was in disrepair, only some of the letters worked, the light bulbs were old and the sign was rarely turned on, but as of a few years ago, the sign was restored and is lit up every night.

Also, in the picture of the theater sign, the brick chimney sticking out from behind the Figueroa street sign is a Italian restaurant called Follieros Pizza. The little brick building it's in kinda stands out from it's neighbors. they have a little nice sign on the front as well. Me and my family would go eat there and then go watch a movie across the street. As soon as we would walk in we could see the cooks making the food and the delicious smell would hit my nose