View Single Post
Old Posted Jun 20, 2021, 8:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LittleBoy View Post
I’ve actually heard that Brandt has no intention of building downtown, and the building in the park was the most central that they would go. The reasoning that I’ve heard is that they want to appease their consumer base, and building a fancy downtown tower makes them appear as if they’re no longer “humble” (LOL).

I had heard a rumour that if the building in the park got shut down, their plan was to just expand their current office on the edge of the city. Again, the above is just rumours that I’ve heard so nobody should put too much stock in what I said.

I really wish that the 1800 Rose tower would’ve gone ahead, and especially in a time like this, a new Brandt tower downtown is likely to be the only development we will see. But I also despise them for their shady tactics trying to get Wascana project pushed through and in my eyes they’ve lost any sort of goodwill that they may have had in our community.
Brandt will never build downtown Regina. They have a long history of building in or just on the outskirts of the city.