View Single Post
Old Posted Jul 17, 2018, 4:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Downtown View Post
Dearborn Park Phase I has eight master associations:
  • 801 South Plymouth (which is a master association with Terraces, townhouses, and garage associations within it).
  • 899 South Plymouth highrise (the retail space, currently divided among three tenants, is just a unit like any other)
  • 901 South Plymouth highrise (owns their garage)
  • 1115 South Plymouth midrise
  • 1145 South Plymouth midrise
  • 1169 South Plymouth midrise (each midrise is a master association with two little townhouse groups along State Street).
  • Townhouses of Dearborn Park (144 in seven clusters)
  • Garden Homes of Dearborn Park (the group I described above)
Thanks for the list. More than I even thought, although I somehow thought there also was a master association, which isn't the case.

So, a hypothetical question, actually a couple:

Let's say there is actually a serious proposal to cut through access from Clark at Taylor. For the purpose of argument it would cut through and eliminate the open space between two townhouse clusters (within an single association) and connect to the existing east/west street that connects to State. How many of the associations would need to give approval? Has that section of street ever been officially closed, or does it still exist as a right of way? Could the city just say "we're doing this?"

Similar question for if a developer had an agreement to buy out the owners of the townhouse cluster at Roosevelt/Plymouth, and they had the required number of votes from that association. Do the other associations have a voice as well?

This could get really gnarly.