View Single Post
Old Posted Oct 27, 2014, 8:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SamInTheLoop View Post
In the meantime, if such a question were directed at me, I'd simply ask "what is not to like about this one?". I really think bKL has done pretty much everything right here.

bKL really does some refined work. If you think about it - the firm has only existed for what - about 3 years or so? Maybe 4 at the absolute most. And they have in this extraordinarily short time amassed such an impressive portfolio of work in Chicago (and elsewhere as well I understand). I think every completed, under construction and proposed local design of theirs has been very good to excellent.
Completely, totally, 100% agree. My heart soars every time I see that they've landed a project, which they seem to do at a rate similar to SCB a few years ago. Speaking of which, I wonder what kind of overlap exists between their clients and whether or not bKL has taken a chunk out of SCB's business. I hope so, and not just because bKL produces superior work, but also because it might push SCB to do better. They're definitely capable of more; it just sorta seems like they started phoning it in at the height of their popularity.