View Single Post
Old Posted Jan 20, 2011, 3:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by malumot View Post
Very true, Jeff Diego.

And I doubt if Sebisebster will get much argument from people who spend time on this thread. Aseptic to the core.

I bloviated on this theme a few pages back. And I still say the planners ripped the soul from this city - and many other.

Look at those pictures....what's with all the grass....and the trees on Fourth?

Don't get me wrong---- I like trees and grass. But in a few instances - and more specifically the very heart of a downtown - they just gunk up the works.

Personally I like all those buildings set right up to the sidewalk - and the stores on the lower levels, and the telephone poles and the overhead PE catenary and all the upfront, no-apologies, no-frills advertising on billboards for whiskey and cigars. And the neon...don't get me started on the neon.......LOL

The whole place looked 1000 times more lively and vibrant and energetic than it does now.
Hey Malumot: I agree. According to the present day pic, the view show us just another modern street: a few pedestrians going or coming around, many open spaces (the vacant lot on 4th and Hill, which it seems to be now the kingdom of a bunch of goats)

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Goats seem to be the only form of life that exists there. But after the joke, this corner, in the past dymanic and crowded (many business, cafeterias, warehouses, stores, and above all many pedestrians) is now the vacant lot for a planned Three California Plaza tower (or at least that's what I read on skyscraperpage)
Are things getting better or getting worse for this corner?

To JeffDiego: Hola. I'm glad you liked the pics. Thanks for your welcome.

Last edited by Sebisebster; Jan 20, 2011 at 8:51 PM.