View Single Post
Old Posted Mar 23, 2023, 9:26 PM
No grabbing my banana!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Busy Bee View Post
I know we shouldn't complain about any efforts to improve station conditions, but if you check out MTA's flickr photos of some of the work being done - well, let's just say it leaves a lot to be desired. The needed top to bottom revamp/renovations these efforts are not. If the 205 St-Norwood station is any indication, it appears they're taking it from truly revolting to just mildly disgusting.
I'm generally fine with a general cleaning & sprucing up of stations, considering how much time & money it costs to actually perform a full station renovation (which is invariably a capital project = time & $$$$).

With that said, if anything needs to be replaced, it's all those small tiles on the wall. My parents & I followed this philosophy with their bathroom renovation: use large tiles on walls, but not too large as to be awkward-looking. That way, any eventual grout & masonry line maintenance work will be far, far easier and less time-intensive to perform. For their bathroom, the only with small 1"x1" tiles is at the new standup shower's floor, and that's only because the tile store told us that this was the easiest way to conform with the subfloor's drainage slope.

Assuming the wall's concrete/CMU backing is mostly straight, it should not be a problem to replace with larger tiles.

Last edited by dchan; Mar 24, 2023 at 12:53 PM.