View Single Post
Old Posted Mar 19, 2019, 11:56 PM
Becoming Chicago-fied!

Chicago apartment and neighborhood advice?

Now that I'm back in Chicago, let's just say the original position I drove out here for has vanished, but now I've got another position just about landed. Only issue is it's well south of town down in South Holland. As a result, I've decided to search for apartments for my incoming roommate and I more on the south-side neighborhoods rather than those to the north/northwest (ie: Lakeview/Roscoe Village/Ukrainian Village/Humboldt Part/etc...) in order to minomize my commute as well as to ensure good transit access for my roommate. Any recommendations on specific neighborhoods to look into? From my relatively scant knowledge much south of the Loop area, it would seem that Bridgeport would be a great spot, but there doesn't seem to be much in the way of reasonably-priced apartments available. Seems like a much better place is down around Hyde Park and neighborhoods just to the north and west of there like Kenwood, Woodlawn, Washington Park, Grand Blvd.. Essentially anything east of the Dan Ryan.

Anyone have any thoughts? Tips, suggestions, anything would be appreciated! Looking for a 2BR unit that's not a shoebox when it comes to living space. Nothing needs to be new, but I'd appreciate a kitchen that's at least functional!

TUP, LVDW, I know the two of you are investors/developers. Any suggestions for me?

Thanks so much!

Aaron (Glowrock)