View Single Post
Old Posted Apr 4, 2018, 3:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sigaven View Post
What caption where? Can you copy and paste it here? I can't read the article.

It seems like those windows can hook onto the latches on the gray wall. Look at the sides of the windows in the image above and the latches on the wall below:

Quote:
Originally Posted by AusTxDevelopment View Post
Generally, if you have metal mesh screens it's for ventilation. They would have to install a mechanical ventilation system in the garage in order to cover it completely with glass, which is expensive to include in the original plans and VERY expensive to retrofit if it wasn't in the original plans.

My thought is that Facebook might be behind the upgrades, if in fact they are switching out the metal screens for glass. Maybe Facebook doesn't want the cheap option on their Austin flagship location? Just speculation on my part.
There is no way they changed the material during construction. There is no way they would be able to do that without submitting changes to the city. Whatever building you see at the end of construction was what they intended the entire time. The designs still call for half of the podium to have exposed ventilation without windows.

The ABJ could be wrong but I just really don't think the developer would be using the renderings they are using if the design changed that drastically. I can't think of any building that didn't update renderings after such significant changes. It still might not look that good once it's done but give it a chance.