View Single Post
Old Posted Sep 30, 2020, 11:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pj3000 View Post
Exactly. I wasn't even going to bring up that aspect, so thank you for noting the reality.

And having nowhere to go to the north, and being blocked just to the south by the park, it only hastened further growth around the park along the 77 and 271/8 corridors south towards Akron.
Wanting a Metro to be a part of another Metro and that being a reality is two different things, ask the O.B.M[Office of Budget and Management. You talk about Cleveland sprawl, but what about Akron sprawl and influence. Akrons influence into Wayne County, Portage county and joining with Canton into Carroll and the Stark county area is much more greater than Clevelands influence into the Akron area. If Cleveland was centrally located in Northeast Ohio i could agree. I think most of you forget that Akron is not some small burg like Parma, or Lorain, cities that ring Cleveland. Akron is an old established city of about 200,000 , the size of a Birmingham, or a Rochester. Akron and Canton both have their own radio markets, they have independent T.V stations, no Major
broadcasting outlets, Major newspaper , the Akron Beacon Journal, which is a powerhouse in that region.l