View Single Post
Old Posted Sep 24, 2019, 10:01 PM
Philly -> Osaka -> Tokyo

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3rd&Brown View Post
i think the position of this project is a game changer.

now that NoLibs essentially goes to 7th or 8th Street, with the Post project on 9th Street and this between 13th and Broad, it's going a long way toward closing the psychological and physical gap between NoLibs and Broad Street.

add to that, isn't the grocery tenant here Aldi? It will create so much east west traffic that I'm thinking the perception of safety on those cross streets will improve drastically.
I only partially agree -- recall that Fairmount Ave is the southern end of the Allen Hole, which isn't going to go anywhere anytime soon.

That said, this project, along with Mural Lofts down the street and the Owls' Nest up it, is making Broad increasingly attractive for development. As development pressure spills across Broad, it will trigger denser infill around the Allen Hole's fringes, which will almost certainly also apply redevelopment pressure to the suburban PHA housing lying at its core. But it will probably be some time yet until the Allen Hole disappears into the fabric and goes away completely.

Who knows but that, on the lower levels, I speak for you?’ (Ralph Ellison, Invisible Man)