View Single Post
Old Posted May 21, 2019, 10:22 PM
Show me the blueprints

Quote:
Originally Posted by west-town-brad View Post
My wife and I exclusively shop at ALDI and we certainly do not have to. Many members of my friends and family do as well. No idea where you get this idea that their products are inferior. Most of the products are produced by the same companies just with different labels. Cost difference goes to fund product advertising.

Funny you cite raisins as 95% of the global crop comes from the same growers/producers and are sold via an industry controlled co-op. They are literately exactly the same. (My company runs advertising for one of the big raisin brands)
There's a lot of facetiousness in there in case you didn't pick up on it. I love Aldi, and did not imply that only people that have to shop there, I say that pretty clearly. But you're crazy if you think that all their house brands are of the same quality as the brand name makers that many supply Aldi with. The raisins are case in point. Go buy a box of Sun Maid and a box from Aldi and tell me the Aldi raisins aren't seconds or questionable with the sticky syrup and stems on every fifth raisin. Snacks exactly the same. You'd have to be drunk to think Clancy's are as good as most the name brands.

As a side note, this is probably the goofiest discussion I've ever taken part in on SSP.

There is no goodness in him, and his power to convince people otherwise is beyond understanding