View Single Post
Old Posted Oct 13, 2022, 9:36 PM
The Vomit Bag.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ssiguy View Post
Vancouver is a wonderful outdoorsy city with a stunning location, beaches, and a parks system that is truly one of the best in the world. Due to being outdoor oriented, the city lacks a lot of urban amenities and soul and is rather sterile. It's not called "no fun city" for nothing.

As far as livability Vancouver is indeed very livable but only for the chosen few. A good paying job in Vancouver still means you have a low standard of living. Seriously, how many people do you know that have an income high enough to buy an "average" priced home at $2.8 million?

BC isn't referred to as "bring cash" for nothing.
similar to my impressions. I was living there in the nineties, and even then housing was ridiculously expensive. But the outdoors....could be one of the best, if not the best cities, for being able to enjoy the great outdoors, and being on a limited budget, I made full enjoyment of these natural amenities, which were free or nearly so. But coming from Montreal (admittedly, is a much larger city, and even more so back then), the downtown attractions were...subpar for what I expected given the size of the city. I enjoyed the neighborhoods, but there wasn't nearly as much "pizzazz", even when adjusting for population, as I encountered in my Montreal days. Still a wonderful city, and extremely photogenic. I rate it my second or third favorite city (After Montreal, and maybe QC) in Canada, mostly on the outdoor attributes.

San Francisco is amazing, except for the extreme costs, and preponderance of junkies (stay away from "the Tenderloin").