View Single Post
Old Posted Mar 28, 2014, 7:19 PM

Chicagoland seems to be the Liz Dozier show lately. Most of the episodes revolve around her, and not Rahm as I thought at first. They seem to be showing that these kids in Roseland can only rise up out of poverty through her seemingly limitless connections to the elite of Chicago. I struggling with that message. I mean there was this one guy that must have been a very recent high school graduate that was getting out of prison. She tried all she could to give him lots of opportunities, and then he doesn't even make an effort to improve himself. Then when she ask him why, he can't even come up with a decent excuse. And a few weeks later winds up right back in jail. Some of these people have to figure out how to help themselves. You can't just keep piling money into these schools and expect things to change. The Chicago Public schools that they show have much better facilities and technologies than I ever had, and I went to the best school in our county. I was still using Apple II's in the late 90's.