View Single Post
Old Posted Jan 7, 2021, 3:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jFug View Post
This is a bit of a nitpick but I wish downtown Erie had some better streetscape design.
Agreed. And I'm glad other people notice the seemingly small details that actually can go a long way in improving the overall look and feel of a neighborhood. Downtown could definitely use a more coehsive look. Not that everything has to look exactly the same, but it looks hodgepodge... like piecemeal attempts when a little bit of money comes in each time.

Regarding street signs though... time for uniformity in the city. Enough with those cheap, green ones... they look like the letters and numbers are taped on. It's really cheap looking.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Butternut View Post
I agree about lower downtown. Its odd and desolate; and a shame because the potential is incredible there. It just takes a little imagination and industriousness. So many cool projects could be proposed along the bluff and into the bayfront -- e.g. modern apartment buildings flowing into a bluff park (with seating and pathways) and onward to the bayfront. Its so unique you could play around with several blueprints and come out with a very desirable win.

People like us need to be running downtown development and city council. Sure it takes hard work, dedication, patience, faith, marketing, etc. but the plan now seems to be let the kings rule and sit back and watch. THINK BIG!

With that said, the current progress is incredibly welcomed and encouraging.
I'm cautiously optimistic that the bayfront parkway redesign can spur greater and more focused interest on connection between lower downtown and the bayfront proper. I agree that there's tons of good potential for the bluff... a true linear park (not the half-assed and intermittent attempt that's there now) with connections to the water would be huge for Erie.

Ha! I would be much more involved if I actually lived in Erie, but I'm still an interested native. It seems to me that there is newer blood involved at the city level, and it's good that some of the big players are finally stepping up to the plate after watching their surroundings crumble (literally) around them for decades.