View Single Post
Old Posted Dec 25, 2021, 3:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by the urban politician View Post
I guess I’m just forever a skeptic then. There is nothing “common sense” about healthy and asymptomatic (or mildly symptomatic) people testing themselves for a virus that is spreading like wildfire.

This is utter futility and nonsense. I don’t believe in this and I will never support it.

The way out of this is through immunity. Not avoidance. It’s not convincing and I don’t find it rational.
I posted about this in the CE, but I think folks don't understand some of the ramifications of the "If someone tests positive, isolate for 10 days" policy you see being implemented right now. Given the nature of Omicron, a ton of people are testing positive for this, even if their illness is non-existent or very mild. Yet, these people are being sent home. Today we saw over 2,000 flights cancelled. That wasn't due to weather, and it most likely wasn't due to staff being sick enough they couldn't do their job. If I am wrong about that, feel free to show some data on how many absent airline workers are actually too sick to work, and it's not them being told to stay home because of positive test results.

This is happening in the service industry now too with restaurants/bars closing down.