View Single Post
Old Posted Feb 23, 2018, 3:47 PM
You had me at herro...

Walked by Hotel Zachery last night, it's really coming together, i should have taken pictures. I see they're starting to take reservations now for April.

Rooms look complete from the ground floor, lamps in the windows, curtains, light fixtures, etc. Balconies are finished, sidewalk is open, intersection is repaved, heavy work going on first two floors of restaurants. Front doors are in place. The second floor outdoor areas have lattice sections covering them that add some nice elements, lights are going up, stairs are in.

Overall I was concerned it would be too suburban and 90's, but honestly it looks really great, very sleek, good colors, clean looking and good curves. It blends great with the down to earth revamp of the stadium itself and the Cubs Plaza. The place looks insanely different than just a few years ago when the triangle lot was basically blocked off gravel and the McDonalds and parking lot were across the street.

The Addison & Clark development is also coming along quick. First three floors are still open and bare, but the four apartment floors above that are now almost entirely windowed in. The facade now looks temporary, but I actually like it. Looks like a black slate.

The portion along Clark is still going up, but almost there, it's all steel. I bet within two months they're finished with the exterior and will try to open the sidwalks as they move the work indoors.