View Single Post
Old Posted Apr 2, 2013, 7:33 AM
heavy user of walkability

also yesterday was able to use my cat-like stealth to infiltrate No-Man's-Land through a 20-foot crack in a fence. which on second thought might have been a gate left open for trucks to drive through.

in any case, was able to get some behind-the-scenes 'insider' shots of what's going on over there. first is what the site of the former Visitor Center looks like from the 'back' - that is, looking north:

this is the southwestern-most protrusion of block 11 (looking south). what you can see here is pretty much the state of progress of the whole block:

the corner of Long Bridge and China Basin St, future children's park, P6 (looking east):

looking west across what will be the dog run (P5) towards the newly-graded block 12E, with the last remaining structure of Old Mission Bay in the distance:

turned around 180 degrees from the previous shot, looking east at block 13W, with 13E in the background and block 2 in the distance:

looking north from almost the same spot up what I guess will be Fifth, with dog run on the left, block 13 on the right, and towards what will be the southern landing of the footbridge across the Creek:

looking south down the future street between blocks 6 and 11 (I forget its name at the moment):

looking north up that same street from approximately the Commons:

looking east along what will be Mission Bay Blvd South: