View Single Post
Old Posted Dec 18, 2006, 10:21 PM

Wow, thanks so much you guys for the help. This information will be really useful! My girlfriend has relatives who live in Friendship (I think), on Roupe St (I think), which is where I'll be staying in a couple of weeks.

Right now I live in a pretty gritty urban area of Los Angeles (Korea Town) so I'm ok with density and a bit of seedy-ness. I'd like to kind of be keyed into the "on the rise" neighborhoods before I move so I can possibly look to those areas. From the other Pittsburgh threads I’ve been reading it looks like a lot is or is going to be happening there in the near future.

I'm really excited about owning in Pittsburgh. Moving from a place when a home in the 'hood costs 500K, it will be a really nice change of pace to not be paying $1000 for rent a month for a small 1 bd.

Anyways, thanks again for your help folks. I love Pittsburgh and look forward to moving there. Maybe when I do we could meet up for drinks :-) Any more advice you've got is always welcome.