View Single Post
Old Posted May 4, 2015, 2:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sentinel View Post
No.f**kin.duh.

Everyone knows Chicago is highLy segregated - not sure why it's necessary to be continuously reminded of this...when we saw a nearly identical article in 2014. And 2103. And 2012...

Also if you sincerely believe that the upper Midwest has been more racist than the South, you need help. Should I also assume that you believe in the "War of Northern Aggression"?
The worst mob violence Dr. Martin Luther King Jr. every experienced was in suburban Chicago. With that said there is definitely a palpable racial tension in Chicago and most of the Midwest (Detroit, Milwaukee, St. Louis, Cleveland, Cincinnati, etc.), that is just not felt in most of the urban South today. I think in many respects, people stereotype racial hostility and mistreatment as an uniquely Southern problem, when time and time again we are proven otherwise. In fact, I would be willing to go out on a limb and say that the South has done a lot more to work on its image in regards to race relations, many places in the North felt they weren't "as bad" as the South 100 years ago, so there was no need for change and in many respects their mentality is still stuck somewhere in 1960, which is worse than the South TODAY!