View Single Post
Old Posted Sep 26, 2022, 10:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spoiler View Post
"As behind-the-scenes talks toward a proposed airport-to-downtown tunnel continue, Elon Musk’s Boring Co. has increased by as much as $15 million the amount it’s willing to put up to get the transit project going. No agreements have been signed, but the bigger offer and continuing discussions indicate the project is moving forward."

"The Boring Co. has proposed building a loop of tunnels to ferry passengers in Tesla electric vehicles between San Antonio International Airport and downtown. The company said that the system, at an estimated cost of $247 million to $289 million, could carry as many as 112,000 passengers daily on a route along U.S. 281, producing annual revenue of up to $25 million for the RMA. The company based its projections on carrying 10 percent of visitors who land at the airport."

How about basing your projections on your project's maximum carrying capacity?

"The RMA board — whose members are appointed by Bexar County commissioners and its chair by Gov. Greg Abbott...."

" “What the city should realize is, do we want to be a sleeping city and just sit here and wait for progress to grow around us, or do we want to be part of the growth process and have people say, ‘Look at San Antonio, look at them being creative and look at what they’re doing?’” " Extremely manipulative quote here. I would feel better about half-baked harebrained schemes if there wasn't so much shaming and psychological arm-twisting.

https://www.expressnews.com/business...o-17462253.php
Pretty sure the company has estimates of it's capacity, and they are well north of 10%l of visitors currently landing at SAT.

And the fact that so many here write this off out of hand kind of proves the point that SA does not like to think outside the box. Pretty sure there were negative Nellies when it came to the Riverwalk, and Hemisfair as well.

I'm not sold on the project, but seeing as they are asking nothing of me, I'm willing to see how it plays out. Or are only taxpayer funded projects not "harebrained"?