View Single Post
Old Posted Feb 13, 2023, 5:39 AM

I went to a real estate investor networking event last week, the first since covid hit. There wasn't a single well-dressed person in the place. It was a bunch of men and women with untucked shirts eating pizza and chicken wings who figured out how to do this by themselves 20+ years ago, many of whom are now sitting on millions of dollars in properties in multiple states, with tens of thousands coming in free and clear every month.

A hedge fund guy flew in from New York for this event and was trying to match his money up with a deal but I don't think he made anything happen. I talked to him for about 20 minutes and it's great to hear stuff right from the horse's mouth. These people are smart as hell and they don't give a flying F what people are saying about them on Twitter.

The high rent problem isn't going to go away until we start overbuilding housing like we did in the postwar years. So don't get mad at the people making money off this situation - either join them or start figuring out how to build homes and apartments for way less than it currently costs.