View Single Post
Old Posted Dec 1, 2017, 3:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrianTH View Post
Either the former Kaufmann's or the former Frank & Seder seem like pretty solid options for a small-format Target, probably on two levels.
Good call. Those seem like prime spots to me for an "urban Target", considering the available space, central downtown location (very close to Point Park U, a number of rehab/new residential projects, Market Square), and talked-about plans to remake Smithfield into a retail corridor.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrianTH View Post
Article on the condos going in at 2700 Murray:

https://www.nextpittsburgh.com/city-...squirrel-hill/

The clean, understated exterior is one of my recent favorites (the interior shots are generic modern):

These look to be one of the better, higher-quality designs for Pittsburgh area new residential construction I've seen. Being back in the area for the first time in years, it's exciting to see all of the new apartment/condo buildings, but it's also somewhat disappointing (but not surprising) to see that they are pretty much all following that 3-6 story wood-framed, often multi-colored aluminum/vinyl/composite blocky upper floor design seen in just about every city these days. This Squirrel Hill proposal stands out for its modern, brick simplicity. Reminds me of the red brick condos on Forbes in Squirrel Hill next to Temple Sinai.