View Single Post
Old Posted Feb 26, 2016, 6:07 PM
New Yorker for life

Quote:
Originally Posted by colemonkee View Post
I love the crown as well. This is amazing, and at first I was certain that this was a SHoP design, but appears that it's CetraRuddy. Not big on the massing and the bulge in the center, but the design elements are great, and really help with the verticality of the overall composition.
It does remind me of SHoP's handiwork. Makes me want to see the South Street design even more. It's hard to predict the exactly what the skyline will look like with so many question marks. But at least with this one, it's coming into view. Those spires on 3 WTC would have been good company with this one.

Here's the site again...

http://www.6sqft.com/groundwork-begi...-broad-street/

Groundwork Begins at Downtown Supertall 45 Broad Street

FEBRUARY 11, 2016
BY ONDEL HYLTON

Quote:
Wasting no time getting started, Madison Equities and Italy-based Pizzarotti Group have begun soil testing at the site of their upcoming supertall tower 45 Broad Street. After 6sqft revealed a trio of preliminary renderings last month, Pizzarotti Group’s CEO Rance MacFarland told Curbed that the tower will stretch 1,100 feet high and have 86 floors. He also shared that it will contain 245 condo residences catering to “entry- and mid-level buyers.”

Looks like the target is 2019 and not 2018...

http://www.pizzarotti-ibc.com/#!Madi...f2b6a6e9313168

Quote:
45 Broad Street, located in the heart of Manhattan’s Financial District and steps from the New York Stock Exchange and World Trade Center, is a vacant site offering approximately 290,000 sq.ft. of FAR for development. Madison Equities and Pizzarotti plan a condominium tower constructed atop an amenity-filled podium to offer commanding views of the transforming skyscape and historic New York Harbor. The developers will deliver condominium units for occupancy in 2019.

45 Broad Street will be designed by noted architect Cetra Ruddy, whose recent projects include One Madison Avenue, Walker Tower and the Orion.

“Office buildings are our factories – whether for tech, creative or traditional industries we must continue to grow our modern factories to create new jobs,” said United States Senator Chuck Schumer.

Last edited by NYguy; Feb 26, 2016 at 6:35 PM.