View Single Post
Old Posted May 30, 2018, 3:16 PM
TL;DR

The diagrams show most of the station under Cottontail Park, so I assume that whole area will get torn up for CTA construction. They might "temporarily" open 15th for construction access and then forget to put the cul-de-sac back in. It really only affects a handful of homeowners on that one block.

Is CDOT also not accepting any new streets in Lakeshore East? This kind of thing really pisses me off, the city needs to be taking charge of these things. Otherwise we end up with private "streets" where homelessness, political protest, and any other unsightly behavior can be quickly and legally shooed away. That's especially true if Related lands Amazon, people can and will want to protest Amazon for their business practices.

On another happy note, I like the sidewalk bike lanes on Wells. I prefer that style, it really makes the sidewalk feel wider and provides a very comfortable environment for walking. The ones on Roosevelt are awesome. The city should really stripe a two-directional bike lane on Michigan Ave/s east sidewalk between Monroe and Roosevelt, too. People already ride bikes and Divvys there, might as well sanction it.