View Single Post
Old Posted Nov 19, 2021, 6:40 PM
cle/west village/shaolin

^ actually, rikers more directly connects to the bronx, but there have been ambitious proposals for that kind of scheme, combined with infilling rikers to connect it to laguardia:

Quote:
Originally Posted by dchan View Post
After my Metrocard finally ran out of money, I started using OMNY with my credit card. It's pretty foolproof as long as you remember to hold the card to the reader for an extra beat (it's not quite as fast as I had imagined). Alas, my pre-tax commuter benefits card doesn't have a chip, and management doesn't seem to want to acknowledge OMNY other than that it exists. So I'm back to Metrocards for the time being.

One tip for OMNY users: you should create an online OMNY account. That way, you can add the credit card(s) you use on the readers and keep track of trips in case of disputes.

yeah same for me about my work pre-tax transit card. no chip, so you have to buy metrocards with it. i contacted them about this during the pandemic and they said they had no current plans. what that really means is of course there no incentive for them to give you a new card, because chip cards are more expensive, and also they would have to send them out to everyone.

maybe the omny account would accept it? i dk, i will have to try that -- good tip.