View Single Post
Old Posted Nov 1, 2021, 2:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Philly Fan View Post
Hopefully, it makes a better impression in person (I also found it kind of odd in the photo).
It's actually pretty cool looking in person, it's quite large - probably 40ft tall. It's called the DNA Tree of Life or something, so it's kind of DNA strands twisting; but into a tree form.

Quote:
Originally Posted by thoughtcriminal View Post
I understand the design process, I am an architect. I am saying that I disagree with a lot of the process. yes, when the professor asks why brown, you need an answer, but to me it should be a better answer than "well they used to make train cars in a factory in north philly like that." if i'm the "professor", my response to that would be, so what? what does that have to do with the price of beans? if you're going to make a historical reference, and I am not saying that you should, you should at least make it relevant and understandable.
I know what you mean, but obviously during pitch presentations from the architect to the client these kind of interpretations do pack some weight tho - especially with the old-crusty, Board of Trustees group who would be listening to it. It seems to me to be part of the game at the Starchictect level.

I work in a creative field where pitching projects to win bids or get $$ is part of the gig and I often find myself using similar tactics. It shows a bit of care and respect when explaining your reasons for something - even if it is a stretch - and shows that you're thinking about things 360degrees and not just sauntering in on reputation or good idea alone.