View Single Post
Old Posted Nov 16, 2009, 5:31 AM
Sarcstic Caper in Exile

Quote:
Originally Posted by kirjtc2 View Post
162 was built to serve the mines at Point Aconi, but now that they're gone it's deserted.

I've had that NS book for 3-4 years now. It's the general roadgeek in me. I've tried to find New Brunswick traffic counts for years but the DOT seems to treat them like the formula to Coke. I don't get it. A few provinces and states (Ontario and Maine for sure) have them online for free.

As for 111 (and all the others around there)....might want to try and contact HRM. They keep all the data for those roads.
There's some data for the 111, but again, it's mostly ramps. I also have the "Traffic Volumes Secondary Roads 1999-2008" book (because I thought that's where the collectors would show up, collectors being the 200 and 300 series in NS) which has the counts done by the municipalities themselves. The 100-series, trunks, and collectors are all provincial responsibility for counts and upgrades however, though it may be different for trunks and collectors within city/municipal limits though, since I think the Kings Rd upgrades along with the upgrades on Grand Lake Rd coinciding with SPAR Rd upgrading are both technically on Trunk 4 and I think it was CBRM that paid for them, though I could be wrong...it may have been cost-shared. I know CBRM only does counts on roads that aren't covered by the province, not sure if HRM works the same way.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bedford DJ
I'm curious to know if there is a database of some sort that documents fatal crashes in Nova Scotia?

It would be interesting to know the highest traffic fatal/vehicle rate in the province (my guess 101 but 103 is up there too).
I'm curious about the same thing myself, but I couldn't find anything on it that was highway specific.