View Single Post
Old Posted Mar 24, 2021, 6:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Randomguy34 View Post
Zoning app is online and there are a bunch of interesting tidbits: https://chicago.legistar.com/Legisla...vanced&Search=

- Unit increase to 2,656 units, parking ratio will be about 50%

- Another 1,372 units will be reserved for future development on the rest of Moody's campus. So, the zoning app is requesting a total of 4,028 units.

- Max building height increased to 695 ft (BVictor1, you got your wish)

- A combination of 491 on/off-site affordable units

Yes I did, and then some.

I love the density increase and I'm loving the fact it'll be on the east side of Wells. An extended Wells Street canyon to the north with this development.

The height increases on 300 & 310 W. Oak are great! 321 W. Walton saw a height increase, as did 920 N. Wells and 878 N. Wells.

I'm keeping my eye on 205 W. Oak as it shrank, and I don't like the design.

It funny because TUP's comment in the Boom Rundown regarding Fulton Market...

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by the urban politician View Post
3000 apartments in one neighborhood in 3 years?

Rents are down 10-15% compared to 2019.

Unless we see a sudden, dramatic uptick in demand above and beyond pre-pandemic times, that's just preposterous. I don't see lenders coming out of the woodwork to finance that kind of volume unless and until they see evidence that they will get the kinds of projected returns that they typically expect.

And while 3000 apartment might not be built there in 3 years, I'll bet that's how many will be planned out over there.

Here we're getting about a 68 unit bump with the potential for 1,372 more in "a future phase".

The unit count went up for the Michael Reese proposal by nearly 2000 between application submission and plan commission approval. I love the bullishness...

Last edited by BVictor1; Mar 24, 2021 at 6:51 AM.